Monday, September 8, 2014

Carolyn Nave: Introduction

Hello, all.
Brussels, Belgium

My name is Carolyn, and I'm a super-senior majoring in Journalism (both the reporting and the strategic communications tracks) with certificates in Digital Studies and Computer Sciences.

When I'm not in class, I'm probably at work at the Apple Store in the West Towne Mall. I consider myself somewhat of a nerd, as I spend some of my free time playing video games. I also enjoy reading, writing, and editing video. I'm looking forward to flexing my literary (and also figurative) muscles in this class, as I haven't been required to write for an assignment in a few semesters. I do, however, maintain a blog at techno-quill.com where I've published a few articles and some class video projects.

My favorite place in Madison would probably be Monroe Street. Having lived close by, I've spent a lot of time there with my friends at New Orleans Take-Out, and enjoying a good burger and some imported beer at Brasserie V. A coworker of mine owns Crescendo, so please support local businesses and try out one of their amazing espresso drinks. (Plus, it makes a great study spot that's a good distance away from the craziness that is downtown.)

Disneyland Paris
I also tend to travel quite a bit, as I've lived in more than 10 states in the US. My mother is currently living in Luxembourg, which is a teeny tiny little country between France and Germany with a rich history in spite of its size. For reference, just a little more than half a million people live in the entire country.


I'm looking forward to getting to know you all over the course of the semester.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Kate A. said...

That's awesome that you mother is currently living in Luxembourg, I wanted to go visit when I was in Europe for a year, but it sadly never happened. Have you visited?