Sunday, September 7, 2014

Kelly Stymiest- Introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Kelly Stymiest and I am a sophomore from Appleton, WI. I am majoring in dietetics and nutrition, and am contemplating double majoring in life sciences communication. Dietetics is a four year program with an added on one year internship. I am currently volunteering at Meriter Hospital in the nutrition department to get some extra experience. I absolutely love traveling, so next year I plan to study abroad in either Rome or Barcelona. I have family all over the country, so I have the benefit of traveling to different regions each year to see family. My grandparents have a cabin out in Maine that I have been going to each summer since the year I was born. Everyone thinks Maine is an odd place to travel to, but it's one of the most beautiful places I've been to!

This summer, I stayed home to work and volunteer. The past two summers I have worked at a golf course, bartending and driving the beer cart. It was the perfect summer job! I also worked at a dog kennel in the 'doggy daycare' area, which was a blast. Next summer I plan on staying in Madison and hopefully finding an internship.
Some interesting facts about myself: I have a dog named Toby. I snowboard, play tennis, and run. I plan to move out west once I graduate. And lastly, my ideal job is to be a sports nutritionist. 
Can't wait to meet you all! 

1 comment:

Will M said...

The cabin in Maine sounds amazing. Maine is one place that has been on my bucket list for forever! I have also thought about moving west after graduating. I'm just not sure if I will want to be in cold weather forever.