Sunday, October 12, 2014

Media, Society, World: Social Theory and Digital Media Practice

    I started my research by "Media" and "Network" I found my first book The networking is not working If briefly described the influence and the importance of networking. Then I start the research on Media and found other two books which are Media, Society, World: Social Theory and Digital media Practice and The contradictions of Media Power. Both of them emphasizes the influences of Media on our social life. The book I chose is Media, Society, World: Social Theory and Digital Media Practice. It marked 23.99 on Amazon.com and it has around 242 pages. The book Networking is not working holds a popularity of 2,001,085 on the library thing. The book Media, Society, World  holds a popularity of 820,536 on the Library thing. I end up choosing this one because it seems more related to the topic of information society and based on the reviews it seems to be pretty interesting.
    Rosati, A C has reviewed this book on American Library Association Choice, who is from Clarion University of Pennsylvania. I didn't find that many review on ProCrest.


Rosati, A C Choice 51.2 October, 2013
http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/pqrl/docview/1450019712/3551B03E466847BDPQ/1?accountid=465

--Sara

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always love looking at the book covers for topics like these because they never really have anything to do with what the book is actually about. Anyway, based on the title, I think this book could be about any number of different things, but that based on it's popularity, it's a good choice. I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about!