Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Anti-Social Media

This was definitely a challenge that I struggled with. Graduating in Spring, going to London for my final semester, working full-time in tech sales and with my parents living in Luxembourg, I could only keep myself away from social media for a portion of this weekend. Given that I did not go out for Halloween, the only way that I could keep connected with what everyone else was doing was to open up Facebook and check it out. Looking for a post-graduation job, LinkedIn is also something that I try to keep updated. I can definitely see how it can make you feel like you have more time, and during the times that I was not using social media, I noticed that my anxiety wasn't as high as when I'm checking it constantly. E-mail really wasn't a problem, since I tend not to send or receive personal e-mails as much as I do through texting.

1 comment:

Kate A. said...

I have the same reaction with reduced stress from checking social media sites constantly, as a result I check them infrequently. The only exception, similar to your attempt to disconnect, is LinkedIn and other job sites in order to network and find jobs after graduation. Good luck with your search and have an awesome semester abroad!