Next I searched for jobs in my hometown of Eau Claire, WI. In the search I found eight total jobs, four of which were permanent and the other four were temporary. The majority of the temporary jobs were a seasonal factory worker, and the permanent jobs were all across the board. For example there was a job opening as a Polisher and a Customer Service position in Pharmacy and Home Medical. Overall I was surprised to see this ratio of permanent to temporary job openings, and I was expecting to see more openings.
The last city I searched was Milwaukee, WI because I like the city and could see myself possibly living there someday. The search for jobs brought me 51 job openings in Milwaukee. While looking through the openings, the majority of the jobs seemed to be contact jobs that really ranged from a lot of different areas. I guess I predicted that Milwaukee would have the most job openings because it is the most populated city in the state, but I didn't think there would be this much of a gap between Madison and Milwaukee. Overall, it seems like Milwaukee is the place to go if you're looking for a job and in need of manpower.
As for the technological requirements for the jobs in all three cities, Madison had the fewest, then Eau Claire, and then Milwaukee had the most. Madison's jobs didn't require many technological prerequisites whatsoever. Eau Claire had a little bit more jobs that required more technology savvy people, but there were just only eight jobs available total. Milwaukee's 51 jobs included a wide range of jobs that needed technology requirements to get the job and to succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment