Saturday, November 22, 2014

Self-Presentation

When comparing all my blog posts, I was able to get a better picture of how I have presented myself through my online writing and also how that compares to other aspects of my scholarly career in LIS 201. I would argue that I present myself in similar ways in both my online writing and other aspects in LIS. I have fairly detailed and well thought-out blog posts, which really help to engage myself into the course material. I am prepared and engaged in discussion. And finally, I also actively listen and participate in lecture - a few times when I have a valuable contribution. I think my writing in the blog posts shows the same effort and understanding of material in all other aspects of LIS 201.

I would say that my blog posts or writing on exams have shown the most “true” self-presentation of myself, which also showcase my talents the best. I think I do a pretty good job of connecting the material to multiple ideas in class and also connecting class ideas to other things outside of class. For example, with my 500-word book review blog post, I connected the material to a Frontline video I watched in the high school English class. I think making connections is one of my talents.


One thing I noticed that was kind of interesting was how the blog posts have changed through out the semester. In the beginning of the semester, my posts seemed more conversational – starting with “hey guys” or ending with “have a good weekend!” I am not sure what changed or why I started writing in a less conversational tone.

1 comment:

Caleb B said...

I think your comments on how we have become more formal are very interesting. At the start of the semester we were all so informal in our posts which is interesting!