To be honest, when I signed up for this class, I had no idea it was a hybrid. I just found that it fit nicely into my schedule because the class only met twice per week. When looking online for other hybrid classes, I didn't find many specific programs- just general information about these types classes. However, I know that in high school instead of taking AP english, as I did, took a class called advanced composition. In this class students came to class once every week or two, but other than that students worked on their independent assignments wherever they chose to throughout the school. I always thought this was a great idea, because it allowed students to get their work done at a faster pace than the rest of the class if they chose to do so. If someone wanted to write one paper every couple days instead of every couple weeks, they could be done with the class a couple weeks into the semester, which I found to be a very interesting concept.
I think that this being a writing class, it makes for a perfect hybrid. With writing taking place almost completely on our computers today, it really makes no sense to come to class more than twice a week. I think that this hybrid structure works perfectly for this class. On the other hand, classes that aren't writing based wouldn't work as well in my opinion, because they require a more question and answer type feel as opposed to just reading feedback from a teacher or a fellow classmate.
This class did bring an interesting perspective on the information society. There were some things we talked about that were more interesting to me than others, however the overall message and experience were very beneficial. This class provided a lot of thought provoking information, and I think it very much so left the decision on what opinion to have up to us.
1 comment:
I was in the same boat as you-the course fit nicely in my schedule, plus it fulfilled my CommB requirement. The information that was presented was as you said it, provoking, and there are ideas of this course that are relevant to everyone on this campus.
Post a Comment