When asked this question, my dad immediately said his laptop and phone. He has his own smaller company, but also works for other larger companies such as West Fraser and International Papers. Because he has to communicate with so many different clienteles, his phone and laptop are the most important technologies for him. A lot of the bigger companies that he works for aren't located anywhere near Appleton, WI, so he has to communicate to places far away. He is constantly emailing people or on the phone trying to make business deals. It's nice though, because as soon as he is home around 5:30 pm, all business calls can wait until the morning, so at home we never see him on technology.
Laptops and phones make it incredibly convenient to communicate with people that are across the country. Granted, emails can take longer to receive a response, but my dad was saying that if something is urgent or needs special attention, a simple phone call is the way to go. He also said that text messaging isn't a thing in his business. He said it is too informal and that it doesn't seem professional enough, which I agree with.
I think most careers these days rely heavily on computer/laptop use along with communicating via cellphone. Some careers rely more heavily than others, but all in all I don't think businesses would survive without laptops or cellphones.
1 comment:
I agree with you that for business to survive nowadays, computers and cellphones are the must-haves. Not only do they serve as communicating tools but also task-solving tools. And I think it is definitely easier for our generation to adopt to that than our parents and older generations.
Post a Comment