Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Self-Presentation

Looking through all of the blog posts I have compiled throughout the semester, my posts seem to follow suit with how I present myself in other aspects of my scholarly career in LIS 201. I usually keep pretty quiet in discussion, but I make sure to speak when I do have something to say/want to discuss. This relates to my blog posts as I seem to cut to the chase and get to the point quickly and efficiently when I write in the blog. Another way it relates is the fact that I am a pretty careful speaker. I usually think about what I'm going to say before I say it so its something logical and makes sense, and in my blog posts I make sure I am doing the same thing. One last way both my blog posts and self presentation relate is that I do sometimes try to provide a little humor in what I say or do when appropriate. In a few of my blog posts I found it appropriate to add my sense of humor and I am aware of when I do it when I present myself in my other work as well. Overall, the way I have presented myself in my other work has maybe been a more true representation of myself, but both demonstrate my overall talents equally.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd say I'm the opposite of you. I am less careful about what I say in discussion than online, but I should probably start being more careful about it and make sure what I say has purpose and meaning.