Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Self Reflection

After reviewing my blog posts and overall class participation activities, I believe that I had a slightly informal style throughout the course. In my blog posts, I made them more relatable and personable, rather then more factual and analytical. I don't personally think that this is a bad thing by any means as these are meant to relate to my peers and express my personal opinion on a topic or issue. In addition, I reviewed my specific article review blog and prepared speech. For my article blog review, I stepped up the formality and made it more formal and analytical, breaking down the meanings behind the authors points of view and main arguments within the piece. For my prepared speech, I went for both an analytical and informative speech that broke down the significant turning points for the class. Overall for these two assignments, I think I was successful with relation to my personal goals, and proved that I not only understood the material, but could present it in an in-depth manner. As for the overall course performance, I 100% could have been more formal and focused more on analysis however, I stayed true to myself, while doing my best to improve my overall understanding. In general, I think I have learned a lot from this course and have developed tools to show this understanding in both in-depth and presentable manners.

1 comment:

Kate A. said...

I find it interesting that you became more formal throughout the course in your blog posts, while I feel like I went in the opposite direction.