Sunday, September 21, 2014

Caleb Benz:Twitter/Tweet

I decided to choose "Twitter/Tweet" as my term. I read an article from the New York Times dated in May of 2009. Twitter was first developed in 2006, however it didn't take off until close to 2010. In the article I read it talked about how Twitter has now taken over the blog era. It is a simple enough mode of communication that everyone can do it. The article is from 2009 and states that Twitter is the no.38 website in the world. I am not certain, but I would bet that it is much higher than that now. Another article I read from ProQuest, "Twitter investors love ad rollout" was an interesting read. This article is from 2013, so relatively recent. It talks about how Twitter has been able to generate revenue through ad promotions that are shown through tweets. This is a new technology in our information society. The fact that users can now be shown ads just when using the twitter app is interesting to me.

Caleb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It seems like Twitter has outdated the blogging world because it is such a great piece of social media that there doesn't need to be a certain website to give family members if you're blogging from another country. Twitter has shaped the communication process to making it so simple and easy to let people know what you're doing without all the work of a blog. So yes I agree with you!