Hello
I chose the term "Ipod" for relating to the modern information society. I chose this term because the assignment includes searching for the first time it was mentioned, and I bought the original Ipod. In the newspaper database, the term is mentioned for the first time in November of 2001. The Ipod was released in October of 2001. This was interesting because nowadays Apple is very popular, and the release of a single new product is followed by hundreds of new articles, published just hours after the release. The article wrote, "a portable walkman that can hold up to 1000 songs and fit in your pocket." The scholarly articles that mentioned the term contained similar points to the newspaper database's. The earliest scholarly articles I found were published in December of 2001. They focused on the idea of a "tiny walkman" and "download albums in under 10 seconds." Ipod means a lot more today than it did in 2001. It is one of the first products released by Apple. From a popluarity standpoint, in 2001 Apple was on the incline, but today they are one of the biggest companies in the world. In 2001, an ipod was just a cool invention. Today, it is the first product of the most dominant electronic device company in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment