Sunday, October 19, 2014

Memex



I found a blog written by Blahs and Noms for the reaction to Bush’s “As we may think”. I agree with the blog, it talks about how we are taking technology for granted nowadays. I also agree with the posts evaluation on how much Bush was able to predict most of the technology today. We don’t realize how lucky we are to have immediate access to internet.

"It seems that without the common goal and unity that comes within war time, that the scientist are now competing with one another." This quote intrigued me, I agree and disagree with this. I would say competition is how our society works, no matter if we realize it or not. I would also say that without competition there would be no drive to advance. Another interesting part about this review is the part about the processing of the information and lack of retention. People constantly want the new, like the iPhone for example. There are numerous versions and many different software changes that you have to update every so often. We have to keep up with the current technologies in order to have access to relevant information. It is up to our generation to see where this will take us in terms of a better or worse society.


http://blahsandnoms.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/reaction-to-memex/

"Reaction to Memex." Blahs and Noms. N.p., 28 Nov. 2010. Web. 19 Oct. 2014. <http://blahsandnoms.wordpress.com/2010/11/28/reaction-to-memex/>.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I completely agree with your above statements about competition! Without it society would be overall less motivated in my opinion!