Monday, October 27, 2014
Online Me: Chase Bauernfeind
The first thing I did when searching for information about where I come from and who I am represented as online was search about information about my hometown. I was able to access information like median income, percent of people with a high school diploma, and average race from my hometown. I wasn't too surprised with what I found. Median income was 100,200, 98.8% of people had high school diplomas and my hometown is also 98% white and 1.1% African American. This information does not mislead people about who I am in any significant way but may incur some judgmental thoughts about what kind of personality I have. I also searched my first and last name on all major social medias including Facebook and twitter and because of both my privacy settings and me not using my real name I wasn't able to access any of my accounts by just using my first and las tame . Lastly, I googled myself. The first page of google was the only relevant information that had to actually do with me. The pages included on this search were all my sports activities in high school leading to statistics and highlight films of that sort. My LinkedIn page was the second link listed on google. These pages were all positive and would give people an insight of what I have done in the past both academically through my LinkedIn, and also what my interests are in sports. Overall, I know that someday some employee will do an online background on me so I have made sure to increase my privacy on any sight that I believe employers don't need to see to make an accurate assessment of who I am and what I would be able to do for their company. None of the information I found really surprised me and seemed to be a pretty accurate description of myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is great that the top sites that come up when you search your name are positive sites, such as past sports accomplishments and your Linked In profile. I can tell you are aware of the significance of your online presence in today's society, which is very important to our generation as we are attempting to enter the work force. Great in depth analysis of your online presence!
Post a Comment