Sunday, October 26, 2014

Online Me

When I first read this assignment, I did not expect to find much about myself on the internet. The geodemographic marketing analysis shocked me. I did not realize all the information you could acquire about me with just a cell phone number. I really enjoyed the demographic census website because it was interesting to see the exact percentages of race per county in my hometown. For the social media portion, I was unable to find much information about myself. I do pretty good job of making all of my profiles private and secure. When I Googled my name I came across a couple articles. One of them was written after a highschool lacrosse game that I played in during the playoffs my senior year. The other was a Campus Lookalikes article I was included in last year. I would say the internet does not really show who I truly am. A geodemographic firm would see me as a lacrosse player from Cleveland, Ohio. This is mainly because there is not enough information about me to make proper judgment.

No comments: