Monday, November 17, 2014

ARIS

I'm sure if you have read others' post on this app, called Aris, you'd find one common theme: no one knew what it was at first. I felt the same way at first. While downloading the app, I had no idea that it was going to ask me to create an account take a field trip!
After this semester in LIS, I have been a little more apprehensive about apps that ask me to use my location. Though I can sense that this app seems pretty educational, and reading others' comments, they though so too, I still didn't think I wanted to allow yet another account on my phone use my location: especially one I hadn't heard of before.
Another reason I didn't sign up for the game was that I didn't want to create another account. The numbers of accounts I have for websites, apps, etc. is completely overwhelming. I think it is an example of the overflow of information thrown at us in today's information society. This class has made me want to clean things up a little bit for myself.
Overall, I still don't know what this app really is. From what I saw on the website and heard from friends, I am not fully convinced - it will take more to make me share my information!

No comments: