Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Augmented Reality Gaming
For this assignment I checked out Kkomamon. I wanted to check out something that others hadn't already tried, but I live off campus and this was the only one that would actually allow me to use it without being downtown. One thing that struck me was how simple the game was. There's not a whole lot to it, but I guess if you have a lot of time and really want to be outside when it's 10 degrees, it would be great. It seems to me like because these games are crowd-sourced (actually scripted by volunteer programmers) there's not a lot of complexity. What would really make this cool would be if you could work with and meet other people playing the same game to accomplish similar tasks in a social environment. Also, if a team of developers actually charged for one of these games, it seems to me like it would be easier to get a final product that's actually somewhat professional. I do think that it's a cool idea, but needs some tweaking to be a worthwhile pursuit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment