Monday, November 3, 2014
Disconnectetd
To be honest, I did not follow the weekend assignment of staying disconnected. To begin, I had to go home for an appointment Friday where I needed to communicate with my parents about plans for the day and when I would be going back. Friday night I needed to keep in touch with my roommates in terms of safety. Although, I don't use my phone as much as the average teenager anyways. My friends always get so angry with me and my poor phone skills. I find it interesting though because I think it's so much more effective to call someone on the phone to make plans. So for me, I would definitely be able to survive without my cell phone, as long as I was able to call the people I needed. I felt no reprocution and would love to try this again legitimately during a weekend that I didn't have any obligations to anyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I totally agree with you. We all have things that we are dealing with that keep us from being able to really make a solid effort at disconnecting. At the same time, though, I don't know that in our technologically-obsessed culture we can really ever feel totally comfortable disconnecting from social media. There's always something that we're going to want to use it to accomplish.
I agree with you when you say that when it comes to making plans with people that you would rather just call them. This allows for so much less miscommunication, and gets things figured out a million times faster. There's nothing worse than seeing that your friends are typing something, and then they don't actually reply for another hour. I totally get where you're coming from when you say that this was a hard weekend to disconnect, and I might try again next weekend when my safety doesn't depend so much on using my phone. :)
Post a Comment