Monday, November 10, 2014
Manpower
The three cities I searched for are Madison, Wi, Minneapolis, Mn, and Chicago, Il. In Madison, it seemed as if the skill needed for the jobs listed were not very high skilled jobs. These jobs included jobs like truck drivers, manufacturing jobs, and general labor jobs. There were far more seasonal jobs rather than contract type jobs and are not necessarily jobs that I would wish to have. Next I searched jobs in Minneapolis, Mn and there were about 3 times as many job postings than Madison. About 3/4 of the jobs were contract jobs while the other 1/4 being permanent jobs. Again, there were many low skilled jobs that I personally would not be interested in and a lot of customer service and entry level jobs that require little prior experience. Lastly, I searched Chicago, Il. This is where I saw a big difference from Madison and Minneapolis because a lot more of the jobs were high skilled jobs that a business student like me would actually be interested in. The salaries listed were marginally higher and these jobs seemed more like a job that someone would want to get to make a consistent amount of money in their future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm surprised to hear that Chicago's "Manpower" jobs are more highly skilled than those of San Francisco, which I looked into. I wonder what that says about Chicago's work force?
This is interesting. It defiantly says something about the Madison economy compared to Minneapolis. I would be interested in learning about the growth and development rates in these cities and in what sectors.
Post a Comment