Manpower is a site in which employers can use to find employees and vice versa. I have never heard of this site before, so I was very interested to see what the results came up with. I began by searching Madison, and I noticed a relatively small amount of options for jobs. Most of these jobs seemed to be relatively low skill. In searching my hometown of Hartland, WI, I was surprised that there were any listings. The site came up with two which seemed to be very similar. Both were more management and communication based than technology based. Finally I searched Chicago, because that is a city I would like to live in in the future. Even with more listings than the other two pages, Chicago came up with many low skill, low technology based jobs.
I think this source is interesting, because it seems to be targeting a lower-skilled group for the most part, which would generally be associated with lower income and lower access to technology. I would question the effectiveness of this site for reaching its target audience, because I would argue that the people they are targeting for the most part wouldn't necessarily be using this kind to medium as a job searching technique.
1 comment:
I totally agree with what you said! It also seems to me that people who actually need or are willing to settle with these jobs are not people who uses the internet to search for jobs. I wonder if the employer side of this website works well or not.
Post a Comment