I used to write in my own blog, but the experience here is different. Because it is a more academic blog with other people also posting on it, and I know that someone will read my posts. Overall, it is a great experience, and I have once again acknowledge the pros and cons of writing online.
Monday, November 24, 2014
My self-presentation online
I have always known that my voice online is a little different from my voice in person. As a non-native speaker, I think it is easier for me to talk through my ideas online because it gives me time to phrase my words and allows me to edit them. So I think my self-presentation online is more confident than my self-presentation in person, and maybe more "true." But instead of thinking which is most true, I like to think of it as different sides of me presenting in different situations and environments. My voice is not just different online and physical, but also when I am speaking Mandarin, English and Japanese. As for which showcases my talents the best, I would say in essays. Because in essays, I get to combine the materials we learned in class with my own knowledge, and express the thoughts I have that doesn't necessary get to express in discussions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment