After looking through all my blog posts I had so far in LIS 201, I have a better picture of how I did though out the course. I would argue that my blog posts are same to other writings I have done in this course. Compare to the exam writing, which requires precise definition of the terms and connections of articles, blog posts really just about my personal experience with the online assignment/writing. I think the blog is the most true of my self-presentation because it mainly focus on personal experiences or research result. The scholarly writing we've done in class showcases my talent best because these shows my understanding of the course material and the formal writing style I had. Through out all my blog posts, one thing I noticed is that the tone was getting more formal towards the end of the semester, possibly because the assignment over weekend is getting more research based compare to the beginning of the semester. Overall I think I did a pretty good job through out these online assignments.
-Sara
2 comments:
Sara,
Yes I agree with you about the tone getting more formal towards the end of the semester. I mentioned it in my blog post that I noticed how I started off with "hey guys" or ended with "have a great weekend" which is more of a conversational tone. And now its more formal. I couldn't think of a reasoning behind it but I thought yours makes sense - that the more current assignments were more researched based compared to the beginning of the semester so I was probably a little difficult to make it more conversational and informal.
Madeleine
I also agree with you that our voice got more formal because of the assignments. But I also think that it is nice that because it is a blog we can still keep it less formal than essays and add a little personal touch in it.
Post a Comment