Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Self Presentation

While compiling my blog posts, I have not seen much change in the way I write in this blog in particular. I am fairly direct when I write my blog posts and also in my writing both formally in writing projects and when talking in class. I am not a big story teller, probably because of my past experiences in writing business emails and business reports we are taught to be direct and not write a lot of "fluff". The blog posts have definitely been a little more informal relative to the writing assignments since the audience that they are directed to are mainly other students. My most effective writing displays itself when presenting facts and explaining situations. My least effective writing is displayed when I am forced to follow a structured format. I always seem to veer away from the structure due to basically being bored of the basic 5 paragraph structure, I feel there are other ways to present an argument and I like freedom in how to write papers.

No comments: