Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Self-presentation

This was a learning assignment for me. While compiling my blog posts for the class over the semester, it was interesting to see how my writing online has changed, and how it has stayed the same over the semester. It has changed in both tone and length. In the beginning of the semester I would address everyone: "Hey everyone!" I no longer do that. I also used to write posts that were a lot longer. These changes may sound like I gave up on my homework, but I don't believe that was that case; it was simply a change in my writing style. I started writing more directly, which I thought was refreshing to read.
Some things stayed constant over the course of my blog posts. I seem to write in a conversational way. Even without the initial greetings, I used the word "you" sometimes. Though I now this isn't the correct way to write academically, I like using it because it seems natural for read. This piece is something that is in line with how I present myself in class, but not in line with how I present myself in formal papers or projects. I took these blog posts to be a conversation online, so that's how I presented them, sometimes losing sign of the academic context.

No comments: