Monday, November 17, 2014

Aris

The Aris app was very interesting and seemed like a cool idea, but boy was it frustrating. Like others have pointed out, it seems that most people had at least some difficulties with the app as it seems pretty outdated. Before I installed the app onto my Iphone, I looked at the website provided and I was intrigued by the idea because I had not been personally exposed to an app like this before. When I downloaded the app, the registration and what not went pretty smoothly and I was surprised by the number of games available to try out. However, the first to games I selected (AJSoccer and Robots!) both worked for a matter of seconds before the app crashed. After a third attempt with the game Secret Places I finally found success. It was pretty cool how you could "instantly travel" to the place rather than walking to all of the places if you wanted to. It was also fun how you could simulate an interaction with a famous person (past or present) of Madison that then told you about a secret place that you would then go find. The only two that I really have spent time at was both of the terraces, so it was very cool to find out about some places that I have yet to be exposed to during my time in Madison. Overall, it was a unique experience with a unique app, but unless it gets major fixes and or adds some other intriguing elements, I probably won't be using the Aris app again.

1 comment:

Ting-Chun Liu said...

I also like that it allows us to "instantly travel," especially in this cold weather! I bet the Terrace games would be so much interesting if the weather is nice!